About Extended Abstracts
Presenters in any tracks are required to submit a 2-page abstract. The submission deadline is June
8th12th. All copyrights will be transferred to IPSJ. Please refer the copyright guidelines of IPSJ. The MIRU2015 Extended Abstracts will be issued on July 20th and distributed to only MIRU2015 participants, and not published in any other form.
Submission site is here.
Detailed submission instruction
- Go to [the submission site].
- If you do not have an EasyChair account, create an account by following the creation link.
- Login as an author with your account.
- Click the New Submission tab.
- Select the appropriate track for your submission.
- Refereed presentation
- Standard presentation
- Demo presentation
- Fill in author information, title, abstract, and at least three keywords.
- Select appropriate topics for your submission.
- Check MIRU submission options (only for Refereed presentation).
- Student submission: A student submission will be considered for the best student research award. To be eligible to be a student submission, the first author must be a student during the conference period and must present the research at the conference.
- No CVA publication: A high-quality research will be invited to publish as a CVA express paper. There is no associated publication fee. Check this option if you DO NOT wish to publish in CVA.
- Upload your manuscript and supplementary materials. Check the submit later option if you are only submitting an abstract.
- Click the submit button at the end. Once finished, you may update the submission or supplementary materials by the deadline, respectively.
MIRU2015 calls for presentations under 3 tracks. Each track has a different submission requirement.
Please refer to Author Guideline.
- Standard presentation track
We invite 2-page abstract in the camera-ready format written in either English or Japanese. Authors are required to present their research in a spot-light session and an interactive time. The submitted abstract will be included in the MIRU2015 Extended Abstracts.
- Demo presentation track
We invite 2-page abstract of the demonstration in the camera-ready format written in either English or Japanese. Authors are required to present their research demonstration in a spot-light session and an interactive time. The submitted abstract will be included in the MIRU2015 Extended Abstracts.
- Refereed presentation track
We invite 4-page manuscripts written in English. The manuscripts must follow our submission policy described bellow. The submitted manuscripts are refereed based on our Reviewing Criteria. Authors are given an opportunity to present their research in one of the following presentation styles.
1. Refereed presentation: The research is presented in an oral session and an interactive time and is considered as candidates for awards such as MIRU Nagao Award.
2. Standard presentation: The research is presented in a spot-light session and an interactive time.
In any presentation style, authors are required to submit a 2-page abstract by the submission deadline, June 8th. The submitted abstract will be included in the MIRU2015 Extended Abstracts. Also, high-quality research will be invited to be published in IPSJ Transactions on Computer Vision and Applications (CVA) in the category of Express Paper. The authors are not required to pay the publication fee. Authors can choose the CVA publication option upon submission to MIRU2015.
Policy on Standard Presentations and Demonstrations
Submitted abstracts are not reviewed. However, the MIRU2015 organizing committee has a right to refuse presentations that are inappropriate to MIRU2015. The inappropriate manuscripts are also not included in the MIRU2015 Extended Abstracts.
All manuscripts submitted to the refereed presentation track must satisfy the following requirements. Manuscripts not conforming to the submission policy will be rejected without reviewing.
- Double submissions
Authors must acknowledge that their submission to MIRU2015 has not been previously published or accepted in a substantially similar form in any journal, conference, workshop, or any other peer-reviewed forum. Also, authors must acknowledge that the submitted manuscript to MIRU2015 is not under review in any other venue during the reviewing period (from the submission date to the acceptance notification). Note that Technical Report (e.g., domestic meetings, arXiv.org) without any peer-review is NOT considered a publication and allowed to submit to MIRU2015. Authors can submit a MIRU2015 manuscript to other venues after the MIRU2015 reviewing period.
Use the specified template. A refereed manuscript is up to 4 pages including references. Manuscripts accepted to CVA can extend to 5 pages.
- Double-blind review
MIRU2015 reviewing is double-blinded: Authors do not know reviewers, and reviewers do not know authors. Do not include information that can identify the authors. Specifically,
- ・ Leave the author name blank.
- ・ Do not include acknowledgements.
- ・ Try not to reveal author identity in texts; e.g., Our previous work  -> The work by XXX .