http://goo.gl/Zejpdr

また,申し込み締め切りを4月10日から4月14日に延長しました.
皆様のご参加をお待ちしております.

      29th MACHINE LEARNING SUMMER SCHOOL
                     in Kyoto University, Japan,
                 23 August to 4 September 2015.
           ***  http://www.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp/mlss15  ***

Dear Colleagues,

Here are some updates on the 29th MLSS taking place in Kyoto this summer:

1) Detailed schedule now available: http://goo.gl/Zejpdr

2) The application deadline is postponed by 4 days to

April 14, 23:59 UTC

(research funds in Japan are usually decided/announced on the first
week of April, we have adjusted our deadline to reflect this)

The acceptance notification date (April 24) has not changed.

Important note for students: students should apply as early as
possible, since we need to receive their letter of recommendation
before April 15, 23:59 UTC.

3) Student financial support: We would like to encourage undergraduate
and master students that belong to any of the research institutions
that have a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) with Kyoto U., listed on
either of these two lists:

http://goo.gl/rBEJlk
http://goo.gl/iHa7Lb (Graduate School of Informatics section only)

and who express an interest in joining the Graduate School of
Informatics of Kyoto University as graduate students in the near
future (Master course for current undergrads, PhD course for current
master students) to apply for financial support. We have received a
generous grant from Kyoto U. to support partially registration +
housing for about 25 students that fall in that category.

4) Updated sponsor information: http://goo.gl/DKvUus
The MLSS will be collocated with: Conference on Inductive Logic Programming
Tentative list of Gold Sponsors: Rakuten, OMRON, Informetis, Yahoo! Japan
Tentative list of Silver Sponsors: Google

5) Promotion posters can be downloaded on our page:  http://goo.gl/kgnYQ5

6) We will hold a data-prediction competition during the event in
collaboration with "University of Big Data", a platform maintained by
H. Kashima, a faculty member of Kyoto U. The task will likely involve
proprietary data generously donated by a sponsor. The competition
should run during August and will only be open to participants of the
summer school. Additional information will follow.

Best wishes,
The organizers
M. Cuturi (Kyoto U.), A. Yamamoto (Kyoto U.), M. Sugiyama (U. of Tokyo)