[image 03282] Tat-Seng Chua先生のセミナー

Kiyoharu Aizawa aizawa @ hal.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
2018年 11月 12日 (月) 08:27:43 JST

相澤@東大です.シンガポール国立大学のTat-Seng Chua先生がサバティカルで60日ほど
滞在しており,下記セミナーを企画しました.ご関心の方は,ご参加歓迎します.

相澤
ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー
電子情報学セミナー

日時:2018年11月30日(金)16:30−17:30
会場:東京大学 本郷キャンパス 工学部2号館 242講義室
https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/campusmap/cam01_04_03_j.html

題目: From Food Recognition to Personal Wellness
講師: CHUA, Tat-Seng (National University of Singapore)

概要:
In this research, we look into the mining of personal wellness in terms of three aspects of users’ lifestyle:
 food, activities and POCT (point of care testing) data. This is done by collecting and analysing users’ food in-take
and physical activities via mobile phone, sensors, as well as users’ public social media posts on a variety of
social networks. In particular, we will discuss the development of a visual food recognition app to track
users’ food and nutrition in-take. As part of this research, we will build a food knowledge graph that links
food/ ingredients to nutrition and diseases.
From social monitoring of chronic diseases, we further develop a new research and application platform that
empowers, assists and inspires patients and primary care providers, in early diagnosis, treatment, and prevention
of chronic diseases. The platform will extend the AI frontiers of online/offline data fusion, knowledge graph construction,
big lifestyle analytics, and personalized recommendation, nudging and influence. This work is conducted under NExT,
 a joint research Centre between NUS and Tsinghua to carry out research on unstructured data analytics.
The talk will also highlight key research activities under NExT.

講師略歴:
Dr Chua is the KITHCT Chair Professor at the School of Computing, National University of Singapore.
He was the Acting and Founding Dean of the School from 1998-2000. His main research interests fall under
the topics of multimedia information retrieval, unstructured multimodal analytics, and
the emerging applications in Chabot, wellness and Fintech. He is the co-Director of NExT,
a joint Center between NUS and Tsinghua University on Extreme Search.
Dr Chua is the recipient of the 2015 ACM SIGMM Achievements Award. He is the Chair of steering committee
of ACM International Conference on Multimedia Retrieval (ICMR) and Multimedia Modeling (MMM) conference series.
Dr Chua is also the General Co-Chair of ACM Multimedia 2005, ACM CIVR (now ACM ICMR) 2005, ACM SIGIR 2008,
and ACM Web Science 2015. He serves in the editorial boards of several international journals. Dr. Chua is the co-Founder
of two technology startup companies in Singapore. He holds a PhD from the University of Leeds, UK.

連絡先:相澤清晴
--
Kiyoharu Aizawa, Professor,  IEEE Fellow
The University of Tokyo